It’s Friday, but today we’re talking about Saturday Night for the Daily Prompt.
“Tell us about the most exciting big night out you had recently.”
Honestly, I can never answer these sort of questions off the bat. I’m sure I’ll think of something spectacular later, but right now I am drawing a blank. So I’ve decided to list 10 interesting things I’ve done on a Saturday night, which may not be recent, but that’s better than nothing, right?
Things I’ve Done On A Saturday Night (in no particular order, really)
1. Gotten married
2. Attended the weddings of several good friends
3. Dressed up like a TARDIS
4. Hung out at a farm
5. Had tequila when I shouldn’t have
6. Got kicked out of a certain Downtown Orlando bar (#5-6 may be related)
7. Visited the Tower of London
8. Engaged in Nerf warfare at a 3-year-old’s birthday party
9. Attended an Al Capone-themed dinner show (permanently etched into my memory)
10. Saw Ben Folds in concert (2x)
I’m sure there are some honorable mentions for this list, but that’s what I could think of off the top of my head (with a little help from Facebook). Admittedly, I don’t go out as much as I used to. Going out partying every weekend hasn’t been my thing for quite some time. These days, Ben and I are impressed with ourselves if we make it to midnight. Last weekend we had a wild night of wine tasting and grocery shopping.
The truth is, though, any Saturday night can be a “big night out” with the right people. Or cats. You do you.